The diet for crossfit boils down, in most cases, the diet of the zone or Paleolithic. Come to know a little more about how should be the diet of these athletes.
The Crossfit is a sport increasingly sought after by those who appreciate workouts varied and high intensity. Like any other sport, requires an adequate power supply.
In this context, a “ diet for crossfit ” should not escape a lot of the current assumptions of sports nutrition, focusing on an adequate consumption of all the macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates , and lipids).
DIET FOR CROSSFIT: WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS?
When we talk about diet for crossfit, the choice is not consensual. However, those which are associated with the practice of this modality are the Paleolithic diet, also referred to as the “Paleo Diet” and “Diet Zone”.
The Paleo diet is based, essentially, on the eating habits of pre-history.
The principle of this diet is very simple: the only rule is that the diet does not include processed foods rich in simple sugars, which only foods from nature are allowed.
Underlying this principle is, as a rule, a greater consumption of protein of high biological value (such as meat, fish or eggs), natural fats (including butter, lard and olive oil) and fiber, found mainly in vegetables and some fruits.
And although this is a diet that entails a huge conditioning feed, especially the level of carbohydrates (all grains are excluded), focus, often, foods rich in saturated fats, nothing beneficial for cardiovascular health.
On the other hand, it is known that a diet for crossfit balanced should be around 30% protein, 30% fats and 40% carbohydrates, in the sense of contributing to the recovery and muscle growth and aid in loss of fat mass.
It follows that it is necessary an adaptation of the Paleo Diet to include all the macronutrients, to get more of the proportions advocated and promoting an improvement in the performance of the athlete during the workouts.
- All meats (preferably lean), fish, and eggs.
- Dairy products slim, mainly fresh cheese and low-fat yoghurt.
- All types of vegetables.
- Dried fruit, olive oil and various types of seeds in moderate amounts;
- Berries, coconut, avocado and lemon.
- Sugar, including brown sugar, is the main carbohydrate that you must eliminate from your diet. Read the labelsbecause many packaged foods, such as sauces and other prepared foods, contain sugar in its composition. If you are not able to dispense with the sugar, replace with sweetener.
- The sources of carbohydrates, such as bread, pasta, rice, cereals, crackers are prohibited.
- Legumes, such as grain, beans, peas, and lentils, are also, as a rule, prohibited.
- Fruit juices and fruits with a higher content of carbohydrates.
THE DIET OF THE PALEO FOR ATHLETES
Appears as a variant for athletes / practitioners of crossfit, reason can also be called Paleo diet crossfit.
In the background, this diet is based on Paleo diet original, but contains some specificities, especially the fact that provide meals, adjusted to the hours of training, and intensity and duration of the same.
In this context, the athlete must feed yourself before, during and after training, including, essentially, foods rich in carbohydrates and protein.
- Pre -workout: 1 to 2 hours prior to workout, ingest a source of carbohydrate, low in fiber. You can also include protein and fat; Here it is allowed the intake of bread, pasta, or rice, along with protein (egg, cheese slim, tuna).
- During the workout: carbohydrates in liquid form (ex: sports drink).
- After your workout: Protein and carbohydrates (ex: Whey + banana)
THE PALEO DIET AFFECTS HEALTH?
Despite being healthy, avoid refined carbohydrates and sugar, you may want to restrict the intake of fruit, legumes, and whole grains, because these foods provide the minimum amount of glucose needed for the brain to function and contain fiber (to prevent constipation and colon cancer), vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, which ensure the functioning of the whole organism.
Other diets considered “diet for crossfit” is the diet of the zone.
The Diet of the Zone is not more than a specific distribution of macronutrients, being a diet that extols the importance of strengthening the intake of protein in the diet as well as fats, “good” (unsaturated).
The proportion that the “Diet Zone” promotes is precisely the one that should prevail in crossfit: 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein and 30% fat.
One of the assumptions involved in the methodology of the diet of the Zone is the preference for the anti-inflammatory food, the choice of the fats very important.
In this diet are banned hydrogenated fats, and processed and are valued the extra virgin olive oil, dried fruit acids, avocado, in addition to the fat naturally present in eggs, in meat and in fat fish.
The pair of this, it is recommended a high intake of vegetables varied and fresh fruit as a source of carbohydrates, non-starchy, and fiber.
FOODS TO EMPHASIZE IN A DIET FOR CROSSFIT
After what was referred to previously, opt to make your own diet as an athlete of crossfit, looking for the help of a nutritionist to make it as balanced as possible.
Then, we let some foods that a good diet for crossfit should include:
- Oats: rich in B complex vitamins and fiber, provides carbohydrates absorption slow, excellent for the demands of the workouts of Crossfit.
- Wholemeal bread: the addition of wheat bran to the mixture of flour, water, salt and yeast differs a lot in relation to white bread, especially in the regulation of blood glucose levels, reducing the activity of insulin and avoiding low blood glucose or feeling of sudden hunger.
- Yogurt and cheese slim: excellent source of protein and calcium, the yogurts and low-fat cheeses are an excellent option to include before or after workouts of crossfit.
All are allowed: low in calories and very rich in vitamin C, acid folic, calcium and potassium, are very important to the health of the muscle.
Despite all the fruit to contact their benefits and nutritional value, for those who want to control a little better the content in carbohydrates from your food you can always opt for fruits with lower sugar content:
- Red fruit: also known as berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries…) are rich in vitamin C and very low in calories. In addition, its low glycemic index , extends energy release, thereby regulating the levels of glucose in the blood.
- Avocado: it is characterized by provide unsaturated fats that promote cardiovascular health and cognitive. However, do not forget that this fruit has a high energy value due to the fat that it provides.
LEAN MEATS, FISH AND EGGS
Provide proteins of high biological value, iron, vitamins of the B complex, low in saturated fat and cholesterol. Promote the recovery and growth of muscle and the strengthening of the immune system.
In the case of fish, especially fatty fish, it also has the added benefit of providing fatty acids omega-3.
As already mentioned, by the fact that they are a source of fiber and vegetable protein, as well as vitamins and minerals should be present in the diet for crossfit.
LCHF (low carb high fat) | Livin Low Carb!
Monday Motivation: No matter how the weekend went, Monday …
Lipids are part of a healthy diet, don’t avoid them …
What people think what a diet high in saturated fat looks …
Best 25+ Strength and conditioning workouts ideas on …
Trainingsplan und Ernährungsplan von Michelle Lewin …
Anti-Inflammatory And Recovery Bedtime Beverage
Nutrition with Lipson: Part 4
Keep it classic in black and white. Love a little Running …
How Can I Get a Bigger and Rounder Butt?
The Eat Clean Diet.html
Best 25+ 300 workout ideas on Pinterest
The History Behind Mediterranean Cuisine
Foods You Should Never Eat Include The Following
Effective Natural Cures For Lung Cancer
25 foods you should include in your pregnancy diet …
Why You Should Include Ancient Grains in Your Diet
Educational : 15 Best Zero Carb Foods You Should Include …
8 Collagen Boosting Foods To Include In Your Diet by …
8 Alkaline Foods You Should Include in Your Daily Diet